Cammack Village is Little Rock’s “city within a city.” Located between the Heights and Kingwood, this small community was incorporated in 1943 by the Cammack family. Originally, the area was developed to house officers stationed at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock during World War II.
A large portion of the town was donated by the Cammack family to the University of Arkansas. Today this gated area contains the home of the president of the University of Arkansas System, as well as the System’s administrative offices.
Cammack Village has its own city government, police force and fire department, but relies upon Little Rock for its water, waste collection, and power services. The city maintains two parks, and Jefferson Elementary School of the Little Rock School District is located within its borders.
Most homes are frame bungalows. Prices range from $130,000 to $250,000.